I’m highlighting another fascinating Q&A session from our first Wealth & Business Summit, and this time I’m joined by Rick Steele, the founder and CMO of Select Blinds. I ask Rick to break down his process for totally disrupting the window coverings industry and becoming an e-commerce titan. Rick and I talk about his unconventional, but highly effective, scaling method and how to set your business up for a big exit strategy.
He shares his advice for how to create your own motivation, what he considers when bringing on a partner or co-founder, and how he would build himself back up if he lost it all tomorrow. Rick also takes questions from the crowd and covers topics like building a business on a credit card, responding to negative feedback, and mastering backend data analytics on a budget.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- How firing himself from his own business led to massive, company-wide growth
- Learning to embrace the process instead of rushing to the finish line
- The importance of having both negative and positive online reviews
- Surrounding yourself with people of the opposite skillset
- How Rick balances business, Ironman training, and spending quality time with family
- Rick’s experience and perspective on sharing equity with partners and co-founders
- Buy your ticket for the next Wealth & Business Summit on November 9-11 in Scottsdale, AZ. Early bird pricing is available now!
CONNECT WITH RICK
Follow Rick: @ricksteeleofficial
Shop Select Blinds: selectblinds.com
CONNECT WITH CANDY
Follow me: @candyvalentino