I’m sharing a peek into our first Wealth & Business Summit where I got to sit down for a Q&A session with Daymond John, the founder of FUBU and one of the original sharks on the TV series Shark Tank. Daymond shares the number one thing that he looks for when he’s investing in a new company, how to develop your intuition, and why having mentors is a crucial part of your success.
Daymond gets real about his biggest business mistakes and highlights some of his wins, including investing in the social impact sock and apparel company Bombas. Daymond breaks down exactly how he balances his busy career with his home life and talks about the wake-up call that made him realize he needs to prioritize his health above all else. Plus, I ask him what he would do if he needed to start over from scratch tomorrow一and his answer might surprise you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- Why Daymond would use an Avon-like business model if he were to relaunch FUBU today
- Daymond’s simple, yet impactful advice about entrepreneurism
- The importance of having a foundation of financial intelligence
- Daymond’s dedication to constantly learning and testing himself
- Trends in what consumers are expecting out of companies these days
- Learning how to steal time away for yourself
- Buy your ticket for the next Wealth & Business Summit on November 9-11 in Scottsdale, AZ. Early bird pricing is available now!
CONNECT WITH DAYMOND
Follow Daymond: @thesharkdaymond
CONNECT WITH CANDY
Follow me: @candyvalentino